Reporting Absences Procedure
Please report all absences immediately. Please call our attendance line at (510) 537-9558 ext 4860 to report an absence the same day of the absence. When prompted please leave a message stating:
- Your child’s name,
- Teacher’s name and Room #
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Who is calling
If your child attends Adventure Time, please let them know as well at (510) 733-9134.
- A runny nose when the mucus is thick and green or yellow
- Cough or congestion that interferes with breathing and/or if wheezing
- A rash of unknown origin or contagious rash requires a certificate from physician stating the student may return to school
- A fever over 100 degrees-must be fever free for 24 hours to return to school
- A bacterial infection. Please ask your physician for an “ok” to return to school slip. Please notify the attendance office of the illness as soon as the doctor confirms the diagnosis.
- Any open wound or boil. The student will be excluded until the wound is dry and/or covered with a dressing and/or has physician’s clearance
Please review our Health Flyer for Guardians for helpful information and guidance on when your child should be kept home due to illness.
Independent Study Contracts:
Will your child be absent for 5 or more days?
FYI: You will be notified if you child accumulates unexcused absences and/or tardies. Should your child accumulate unexcused absences and/or tardies in the excess of the state guidelines, you will receive a letter identifying your child as truant. A copy of this letter will go into your child’s school records and a copy will be sent to Pupil Services at the District Office. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please call the attendance office.
Education Code section 48260 – Any pupil subject to full time education or compulsory education who is absent from school and/or Tardy in an excess of 30 minutes or more without valid excuse for 3 or more days in one school year is truant and shall be reported to the attendance supervisor or the superintendent of the school district.